Thursday, August 21, 2008

After you walk past the areas where the different countries are recognized, you see this large field with all sorts of different shapes and sized of rocks are about in no form or pattern. Their uniqueness asaults your senses and they scream the uniqueness of each person murdered there. Then rising out of a field of rocks comes this large tower of granite. It is in your face but not with an attitude, but with a silent dignity. In about 16 months, approximately 375,000 parished. Do the math it's over 780 a day!
I try to imagine what I would think if I was a guard whose job it was to be apart of the selection process or supervising the gas chamber.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The jagged boulders cut like shards of glass imbedded in my soul. Please keep posting your pictures and thoughts; I will never be able to visit these places, and appreciate your efforts so much.

Mary Cummens said...

Sitkagreens, I so appreciate your description of the boulders. How true